LinkedIn offers several advanced features for job seekers to conveniently and quickly land their dream job. While these LinkedIn features make it easy to track job applications or search for jobs, they can sometimes irritate you. Especially features like the LinkedIn job alert notifications.
The job alert functionality notifies LinkedIn users whenever new jobs of their interest are posted on LinkedIn. Job seekers can view and apply for the job postings from their LinkedIn accounts by clicking on the job alert.
However, if you hate receiving job alert notifications, you can turn them off! And don’t worry, this won’t affect your job search journey. So, let’s see how to turn off LinkedIn job alert notifications.
How To Turn Off Job Alerts On LinkedIn App
LinkedIn has a mobile application for Android and iOS users. You can manage or turn off job alerts using these apps by following the process listed below:
- Sign in to your LinkedIn account.
- Navigate to the jobs page by clicking the jobs icon on the bottom right corner.
- Click the three dots to edit your job alert notifications.
- Click the job alert you want to turn off.
- Click Turn Off Alerts to delete a job alert. Alternatively, you can toggle the button to turn off the job alert.
If you don’t want to turn off the alert completely, you can reduce its frequency from the edit job alerts page.
How To Turn Off Job Alerts On LinkedIn Web
Another method to switch off alerts is from the LinkedIn site. For that, you will have to open the LinkedIn website from your desktop or laptop and continue with the steps mentioned below:
- Sign in to your LinkedIn profile.
- Click the Jobs icon at the top of your LinkedIn homepage.
- Choose Job alerts from the left-hand side menu.
- The job alerts pop-up will appear on your screen. You can delete the alert or click the toggle button to turn it off.
- Click done, and you’ll no longer receive job alert notifications from LinkedIn.
Job alerts are helpful for job seekers. They can help you land your dream opportunity faster. But if you have accepted an offer or are no longer interested in searching for jobs on LinkedIn, you can follow the above steps to turn them off.