Job searching has changed a lot over the past few years. Earlier, people used to stick to newspapers to browse for job openings. But nowadays, job seekers must keep an eye on online job portals and social media platforms for job openings.
Several job apps are available online. Some are generic, while some focus on job listings in specific countries or industries. In this article, we’ll cover the best job search apps in UK to help you get started with your job search journey.
Best Job Search Apps in UK
Job seekers in UK have a plethora of job apps to choose from. However, you don’t need to use all the apps to get a job quickly. Choosing the best apps will boost your job search and help you land your dream job effortlessly. Here is a list of the apps you should be using to search for a job in UK.
LinkedIn is one of the largest professional networks and social media platforms in UK. The job portal allows users to explore and apply to the latest job openings and set alerts for new postings.
You can also connect with professionals in their industry directly. LinkedIn lets users share and engage with other people’s content like other social media platforms.
Besides, you can catch up with the latest industry trends on this app.
- Advance job filters to filter opportunities based on location, work type, industry, etc.
- Allows you to apply for jobs easily through the Easy Apply feature.
- Allows you to save jobs to visit again in the future.
- You can share, comment, and like the posts or jobs.
- Notifies you when someone visits your profile.
- Profile optimization features make your profile visible in search results.
- Job seekers can directly connect with professionals.
- Free to use
- Tons of job listings worldwide
- Need to purchase a premium subscription for profile insights
Indeed is one of the most popular job search apps in UK. The platform sources jobs from various online portals and company pages and allows employers to list openings directly. You can view millions of job postings on this app.
Indeed allows you to apply to opportunities faster by uploading your CV and creating your profile upfront.
- Sends email alerts when new openings are listed.
- It has a salary comparison tool.
- You can view company reviews and details.
- Several filter options are available.
- All types of job listings are available on this platform.
- Loads faster
- It has an online CV builder.
- The interface is out-dated
Reed is a UK-specific online job search portal with over one million users. The app has over 5000 job listings every day. To save time, the app has an Easy Apply feature that lets you apply for jobs using your CV and auto-fills your details.
Though the app doesn’t have a large number of job postings compared to other apps, it has everything you need to search for your ideal job quickly.
- Allows you to shortlist or hide job postings.
- Features listings in over 42 categories.
- Sends job recommendations based on your preferences.
- It has several filter options to hunt for opportunities based on work type, location, category, etc.
- Free to use
- Swipe to apply or reject jobs
- The career advice section has several career tips
- Multiple viewing options (stack and list view)
- Fewer job postings than other job sites
Totaljobs is another top pick amongst UK-based job seekers for its incredible filtering options. The app offers a range of filters for candidates to get their ideal job quickly. It has several online courses to help you enhance your skills and build a better career.
- Allows you to set alerts for new job postings.
- You can save and filter job opportunities.
- You can share job postings with your friends and relatives on social media.
- Apply quickly to job roles by uploading your CV.
- One-click application
- Various career resources
- Shows job recommendations based on the user’s profile
- The interface is complicated.
If you want to learn about the company culture before applying to a company, Glassdoor is the right option for you!
This site displays employee reviews, company details, salaries, etc., along with the job postings. You can use this app to learn about the company before applying for a job.
- Allows you to check your estimated salary using the know your worth tool.
- You can follow companies to know their latest updates.
- Allows filter options to narrow down the job listings.
- You can save jobs and turn on notifications for new openings.
- Displays company reviews and insights
- Offers career resources and tips
- Free to use
- Thousands of employers
- The website is tricky to use
If you don’t like registering on employment portals, you should check out the CareerBuilder app! This employment site allows users to browse and apply for opportunities without registration.
You can also track your application after applying for jobs.
- Several job filter options are available.
- Inbuilt, AI-powered resume builder helps you to create a professional resume.
- Allows you to research salaries and skills required for your job.
- Notifies candidates when their application is viewed.
- No sign-up required
- Free to use
- A large number of job postings
- Beginners might find it hard to use.
JobAware is another popular UK-based job search app that millions of job seekers use. The app has an incredible feature to organize your job search.
It sources job listings from Indeed, and you can arrange the listings on your account by categorizing them into a dream job, second choice, etc., categories.
- Search for jobs based on your location or work type.
- Allows job searching using specific keywords.
- It reminds you before the interview to ensure you don’t miss your interviews.
- You can share jobs on other social media platforms.
- Search for the newest to oldest jobs using filters.
- Job alerts for new job openings
- Apply to jobs from 63 countries
- Loads slowly
Zoek is one of the best employment portals in UK. It uses AI technology to search for the best opportunities for users. You can filter results to search for jobs based on specific keywords and also exclude keywords from search results.
- Employers can search for candidates through the candidate’s profile.
- Shares jobs based on your CV and skills.
- The Easy Apply feature lets you apply for jobs with one click.
- You can enable job notifications for new job alerts.
- Get personalized job postings in a few seconds.
- Speeds up the job application speed.
- No need to browse through irrelevant job postings.
- Doesn’t show job postings from all countries.
Snagajob is the ideal job search platform for individuals looking for part-time or hourly jobs in UK. The platform shows nearby jobs based on your location and has a massive database of local and part-time jobs. If you are a student, this app is excellent for you!
- You can take the quiz to get job suggestions based on your preferences.
- Get new job opening notifications in your mailbox daily.
- Search for jobs based on keywords, location, and employment type.
- Apply to jobs in one click using the Easy Apply feature.
- Great for students and teenagers
- Ideal for retail roles and local jobs
- Extensive database for temporary jobs
- Not recommended for permanent jobs
Where is The Best Place to Search For Jobs UK?
Several online sites or networking events can help you find your ideal job. However, we recommend you use a limited number of sites and stick to the ones that suit your interest. Do not use every online employment portal, as it will leave you overwhelmed.
We suggest using the above-listed employment sites in the UK to boost your job search journey. Of all, our favorite platform is LinkedIn for its incredible and unique features. Try any of these platforms, and let us know your favorite!